By: Lydia Li
The beauty of gift-giving lies in the thought put into the gift. Everyone loves personalized gifts, so why not make them yourself? Here are 3 simple and easy Do-It-Yourself projects for you to try at home!
Peppermint Sugar Scrub
Materials needed: measuring cups, a jar, table sugar, peppermint essential oils, red food dye, coconut oil/almond oil, and ribbon.
- Measure out 2 parts sugar, and one part oil. You can make as much or as little as you want as long as you follow that ratio. Mix the oil slowly into the sugar until it’s smoothly mixed in.
- Add a few drops of essential oil into the mix, but be careful to not over do it! A few drops can go a long way.
- Then split the mixture into 2 parts and add a few drops of red food dye into the half of the mixture to turn it into a light pink color.
- Fill up the jar layering one layer of white sugar and one layer of pink to create that candy cane effect.
- Finish it off with a cute ribbon and you’re done! This is a really simple and elegant gift for your special friend, it’s cheap compared to the 50-100 dollar scrubs you would find at a beauty store. Give this gift to a friend for a sweet exfoliation treatment!
Materials needed: sharpie, a ceramic mug, and an oven.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Draw out your personal mustache onto the mug
- Put it into the oven and bake it for 30 minutes, and that’s it!
- Optional: Fill the mug up with packets of hot cocoa, marshmallows, and a sweet little note. This is a universal gift for practically anyone! I mean, who wouldn’t want a mug to hold their warm drinks during this winter season.
Reusable Paint Chip Calendar
Materials needed: 30 paint chips of a multitude of colors, picture frame, glue, scissors, and erasable markers
- Measure your picture frame and decide how to evenly space out the paintchips into 5 rows with 7 paint chips in each. Leave some space for the names. It’s easier if your picture frame is larger.
- Cut out the desired size for each paint chip, but make sure they are all equal!
- Paste the paint chips into the rows on the wood/cardboard part of the picture frame, you could first cover the wood with paper if you want.
- Label the days of the week over the top.
- Then reattach all the parts of the frame and voila!
- Now you can write and label the days with an erasable marker, and you can change it every month. Holiday season means the year is almost over, so why not celebrate by giving them something they can use all year long next year! This is the perfect gift for those friends who love to be organized.
These cute and sentimental gifts are perfect for every occasion – birthdays, graduation gifts, and holidays. Show your friends and family just how much you care by making them these cute personalized DIY gifts!